Friday, August 24, 2012

Learning 2.0 Conference

The 2012 Learning 2.0 conference ended today and although I didn't get to attend as often as I would have liked, everything has been recorded here and here, so I can still see some of the things I missed.  This was the first time I had attended a virtual conference like this and I was impressed by how intimate it seemed.  I absolutely loved having a chat as part of every session.  That backchannel was often filled with some truly rich resources.  I felt a lot more comfortable composing and asking questions to the speaker (or my fellow listeners) through the chat box.  I participated in the chat in most of the sessions I attended and I think that also contributed to my feeling of close involvement.

I was surprised at how few people were in each session during a free, international event with so many great speakers.  Next year I will work even harder to spread the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment