Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Introduction

When I was a kid, my parents were early adopters of technology, though they always seemed to get it wrong.  (anyone remember the Betamax VCR, the Commodore 64, and the Timex Sinclair?)  I grew up to be an early adopter, too, and was the first person in my school to have an internet connection in class in 1995.  We used it for access to AOL through which we connected to some other classrooms and teachers for collaborative projects and participated in the GLOBE project. Since then I've been working in education as a teacher, a curriculum consultant, a director of a resource lending library, a tutor, a classroom volunteer, a parent, and a homeschool teacher.  My Masters degree is in Educational Change and Innovation and I continue to be curious about new trends in education and new ways to construct learning. This blog is a collection of thoughts about those subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment